Deadline Approaching for Grape and Wine Grant Apps
North Dakota Ag Connection - 10/11/2017
The application deadline for the 2017 Grape and Wine Grants is this Friday.
"North Dakota has been granted $76,100 for research and promotion in support of the grape, wine and fruit industry," said Agriculture Commissioner Doug Goehring. "Eligible applicants are those able to research or promote and market the grape, wine and
fruit industry in the state."
The grant criteria include:
- The potential impact on the grape, fruit, and wine industry and how effective the project is at enhancing the competitiveness of the industry.
- The expected measurable outcomes including specific goals, benchmarks and performance measure.
- Work plan feasibility and if tasks relate to the project objectives timeline and expected measurable outcomes.
- Matching funds and project commitment based on industry support and stakeholder involvement. In-kind contributions can be considered.
- Geographical considerations and multiple product application.
Applications and instructions can be found on the North Department of Agriculture's website. Applicants will be asked to provide a presentation of up to 20 minutes about their proposals to the North Dakota Grape and Wine Advisory Committee with a
question-and-answer period to follow. The committee will screen the proposals and provide the Agriculture Commissioner with recommendations for awarding grants.
Goehring said persons needing more information should contact Emily Edlund at (701) 328-2191 or firstname.lastname@example.org.